I received a message and then a call from Globe informing me that my advocacy blog, Watcha Webtrap! , is on the top 5, thus, one of the finalists of the “1st ever Globe [email protected] Awards- Making Greatness In Social Media”. More surprising is the category where I was nominated, “Tech Junkie”, personally, I never thought my blog is a “tech” one, ha ha.
Though the blog in focus is not new to recognition and awards, I am thankful to the following:
- The person who nominated me- [pakilala ka naman, so I can treat you a cup of coffee] thank you for believing in our cause
- The judges- thank you for finding value in our advocacy.
- Those who voted- despite your reservation on the Facebook app requesting access to your account [an “issue” apparently to my circle], you still cast your vote.
- Globe T@ttoo- such project highlights the strength of social web in advancing a cause and influencing people.
But all glory is reserved to HIM, the favor he bestowed that resulted to being a finalist, the idea behind the blog and the roadshow is His, the encouragement to continue and the strength to pursue what lies ahead is His.
No, this is not a thank you speech, lols. And I am not writing this to campaign and increase my votes neither, but thank you if you will vote for me, ha ha ha. But this post is intended for friends who wanted us to make a big push to get more votes.
Not that I do not want to win, hey, nobody wants to lose. But these are my thoughts on your suggestion:
- I believe that by being one of the finalists is already an achievement. Specially that I am lined up with the heavy weights in the local cyber community
- This is not a competition, but a recognition. People should vote for the finalist not because the finalist tells them to, but because they believe that the work is something that needs recognition [suppose to be not a popularity contest]. Hard selling is not my cup of tea.
- The blog in focus is not new to nomination and award, so winning or losing will not change the focus and the projects lined up.
- Some friends have trust issues on the Facebook app, I have to respect that.
With that, let’s just celebrate the occasion and strive for “greatness” in the digital footprints we create.
Congratulations to Globe [email protected] for this initiative, the council for the hardwork and the finalists who are all winners.