Advocate Strategist Keynoter
Sonnie Santos is an Advocate, Strategist and Keynoter (ASK).
Having been in the forefront of using e-groups, blogs and social media in building people and communities since 2004, he has received recognitions in the form of blog awards and nominations; TV and radio guestings; citation of his blog posts in literary works in both print and electronic media; invites as conference speaker; and brand collaboration/partnership.
Sonnie is a seasoned executive and strategist for People Management & Organization Development with emphasis on use of Technology (HR 3.0), Branding and Strategic Marketing and Communications. He does consulting work and/or facilitates learning and development workshops in various industries like engineering, banking, business process management, property management, education, manufacturing, FMCG, retail. and trading. His last corporate portfolio prior to pursuing Solopreneurship is Assistant Vice President, HR.
Sonnies’ contributions to PH’s cyber evolution are as follows:
(1) He introduced cyber wellness in the conversation from online to on ground. This includes online safety, responsible and proactive use of social media, privacy protection, digital parenting and cyberbullying prevention and mitigation. As a result, he received the best advocacy blogger award in 2010.
(2) Because his blog and online presence played a major role in his ascendance to Assistant Vice President HR position, he is in the forefront of using online social channels to facilitate e-learning, mentoring and benchmarking. As a result, he received the best brand and corporate blogger award in 2015.
(3) Together with other blogger advocates and online influencers in their own right, Sonnie co-founded Blog Watch in 2009. Thanks to Blog Watch, legacy media found value in live streaming coverage and interviews of candidates, and a blogger’s voice has been recognized as value adding addition in the national conversation.
Here’s a few news report involving ASKSonnie:
- ABS CBN News interview on how to use social media responsibly.
- ABS CBN News’ Web Safety at Home Start w/ Parents
- TV 5’s Interaksyon article about “cyber justice or cyberbullying” [http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/carabuena-vs-social-media-is-it-cyber-justice-or-cyberbullying]
- GMA 7’s #HeartOverHate
- GMA 7’s interview on “what can you do when cyberbullied?” [http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/330151/scitech/socialmedia/what-can-you-do-when-you-re-cyberbullied]
- Cebu Daily News – FEED To Protect Your Child Online
- Cebu Daily News– Youths ‘unaware’ they are online bullies [http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/71096/youths-unaware-they-are-online-bullies]
- Mulat Pinoy-KNN Cebu teachers unite against cyberbullying at #CTRLYouthCon [http://www.mulatpinoy.ph/2015/10/18/cebu-teachers-unite-against-cyberbullying-ctrlyouthcon/]
- Mulat Pinok-KNN Cebu youth learn how to pull the plug on cyberbullying at #CTRLYouthCon.
- Smart Parentings’ article about “what you need to know about cyberbullying and other cybercrimes” [http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/what-you-need-to-know-about-cyber-bullying-and-other-cyber-crimes]
- Yahoo! Microsite to promote “safety habits for the youth” [http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/news/yahoo-microsite-to-promote-safe-web-habits-for-the-youth]
- Philippine Daily Inquirer– Blogs hailed as agents of change, relevance and hope
- ZDNet Asia article on “how to use social media for SME’s”. [http://www.zdnetasia.com/social-media-a-double-edged-sword-for-smbs-62207335.htm]
What they say after listening to Sonnie’s talks
Wait I want a selfie with Sonnie Santos tooo :—( =))))))))
— spooky ange (@VIRALTROYE) February 25, 2014
Thanks to you sir @AskSonnie I’ve made difference in our school.
— Ralph Jay (@AwesomeRalphJay) February 22, 2016
One step back ⬇.
Two step forward ⬆⬆.
— Yatz Barroso (@MaeYatzBarroso) January 26, 2016
— #Kara7April6 (@karapril76__) January 29, 2016
— Regina Layug-Rosero (@rejjventress) December 2, 2015
— ❤ LouieMay (@ehlehmenopii) January 27, 2016
— Stop Cyberbullying! (@EndBullyingPH) February 14, 2015
1 step back 2 steps forward. @asksonnie thank u sir ! Learned a lot 🙂
— Jekoy Valle (@iamjekker) May 31, 2014
That cyber bullying seminar was so nice thank you Sir @asksonnie (-:
— jillian (@jillianroxas) February 24, 2014
@AskSonnie We’re very honored to have you as our speaker po. God Bless and Thanks po ulit. I’ll share everything I have learned from you po.
— ROMA♥ (@reaaaaaaaaal) February 10, 2014
@AskSonnie .. Nakakainspire message niu po kanina sir. Thanks 🙂
— Arvin San Miguel (@sanmiguelarvin) December 9, 2013
@AskSonnie good greetings Sir Sonnie, thank you for the creative thoughts that you taught to us, such an inspiration to others specially me
— Jono (@iceparticle) March 7, 2014
— Angelic Jane Arnold (@eyjei13) March 5, 2014
Profile on Video