ASK is not a dare, but an acronym for what Sonnie and the writers
of this site are about
Sonnie was once a skinny boy who grew up with little confidence bec. of their economic status. He took up engineering because that entails little public speaking. But at the early part of college, he had an encounter with Jesus, and it changed his destiny. It turned out, what he disliked and feared doing became the backbone of his career. He started as an intern for a Christian church, and became involved in people development using diverse approach in blended learning while being molded to be a leader himself.
His first professional job was Training Officer, he stayed for 1 year in this company, and 10 years in the next. After 2 years in the 2nd company, he became a Senior HR Manager.
At around 2004, Sonnie became immersed in social web and discovered blogging, SEO, content marketing and strategic communications. As a result of his online presence, he became an Assistant Vice President.
After 2 years as an executive, he ventured into solopreneurship and has since been involved in different commercial projects and advocacies, where he won two awards.
Values & Beliefs
News Features with Sonnie as Resource Person
- JobStreet Philippines and #HRinHR advocate Sonnie Santos collaborates for the local HR community
- ABS CBN News interview on how to use social media responsibly.
- ABS CBN News’ Web Safety at Home Start w/ Parents
- TV 5’s Interaksyon article about “cyber justice or cyberbullying” [http://www.interaksyon.com/infotech/carabuena-vs-social-media-is-it-cyber-justice-or-cyberbullying]
- GMA 7’s #HeartOverHate
- GMA 7’s interview on “what can you do when cyberbullied?” [http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/330151/scitech/socialmedia/what-can-you-do-when-you-re-cyberbullied]
- Cebu Daily News – FEED To Protect Your Child Online
- Cebu Daily News– Youths ‘unaware’ they are online bullies
- Mulat Pinoy-KNN Cebu teachers unite against cyberbullying at #CTRLYouthCon [http://www.mulatpinoy.ph/2015/10/18/cebu-teachers-unite-against-cyberbullying-ctrlyouthcon/]
- Mulat Pinok-KNN Cebu youth learn how to pull the plug on cyberbullying at #CTRLYouthCon.
- Smart Parentings’ article about “what you need to know about cyberbullying and other cybercrimes” [http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/home-living/homebase/what-you-need-to-know-about-cyber-bullying-and-other-cyber-crimes]
- Yahoo! Microsite to promote “safety habits for the youth”
- Philippine Daily Inquirer– Blogs hailed as agents of change, relevance and hope
- ZDNet Asia article on “how to use social media for SME’s”.