I received a message and then a call from Globe informing me that my advocacy blog, Watcha Webtrap! , is on the top 5, thus, one of the finalists of the “1st ever Globe [email protected] Awards- Making Greatness In Social Media”. More surprising is the category where I was nominated, “Tech Junkie”, personally, I never thought my blog is a “tech” one, ha ha.
Though the blog in focus is not new to recognition and awards, I am thankful for and to the following:
- The person who nominated me- [pakilala ka naman, so I can treat you a cup of coffee] thank you for believing in our cause
- The judges- thank you for finding value in our advocacy.
- Those who voted- despite your reservation on the Facebook app requesting access to your account [an “issue” apparently to my circle], you still cast your vote.
- Globe [email protected] such project highlights the strength of social web in advancing a cause and influencing people.
But all glory is reserved to HIM, the favor he bestowed that resulted to being a finalist, the idea behind the blog and the roadshow is His, the encouragement to continue and the strength to pursue what lies ahead is His.
No, this is not a thank you speech, and I am not writing this to campaign and increase my votes neither. But this post is intended for friends who wanted us to make a big push to get more votes.
Not that I do not want to win, hey, nobody wants to lose. But these are my thoughts on your suggestion:
- I believe that by being one of the finalists is already an achievement. Specially that I am lined up with the heavy weights in the local cyber community
- This is not a competition, but a recognition. People should vote for the finalist not because the finalist tells them to, but because they believe that the work is something that needs recognition [suppose to be not a popularity contest]. Hard selling is not my cup of tea.
- The blog in focus is not new to nomination and award, so winning or losing will not change the focus and the projects lined up.
- Some friends have trust issues on the Facebook app, I have to respect that.
With that, let’s just celebrate the occasion and strive for “greatness” in the digital footprints we create.
Congratulations to Globe [email protected] for this initiative, the council for the hardwork and the finalists who are all winners.