How to treat wages of employees who will report for work on Chinese new year?
In case you missed it, DOLE has issued Labor Advisory 02 s. 2020 for the payment of wages on employees who will report for work on Jan. 25, 2020. Jan. 25 is Chinese new year, and a special holiday in the Philippines.
Here’s the gist of the labor advisory
- If employee is absent, no work no pay applies for daily paid employees
- if employee reports for work, additional 30% of his daily wage plus Cola if applicable
- For work more than 8 hours, additional 30% on the computed hourly rate from the base figure of the 2nd bullet (above)
- If it happens that Jan 25 is also employees rest day, and s/he reported for work, then an additional 50% of his daily wage will be added plus Cola
- For work more than 8 hours of employee who is working on Jan 25 who is also his rest day, additional 30% on the computed hourly rate from the base figure of the 4th bullet (above)
Below is a copy of LA 02 s. 2020
How to treat payment of salary on January 25 (special holiday, Chinese new year)
Founder of LODI Inc. (Learning and Organization Development Institute, Inc.) and Co-Founder of Blogwatch. Mentor and Dad of 2 Gen Z Professionals.
Advocate of #HRinHR (Human Rights in Human Resources) and #DigitalCitizenship
Strategist for Talent, Culture & Content Development, and Cyber Wellness Initiatives
Keynoter and Facilitator of Workplace and Life Learning
Blogging since 2004.