Before continuing, please ensure you’ve read (1) How To Write A Notice To Explain Memo and (2) How To Write A Notice of Administrative Meeting Memo
An ADMINISTRATIVE MEETING is necessary for certain incidents or cases because (a) questions or clarifications need to be answered and (b) to provided the accused with an opportunity to explain further beyond the written explanation. This will also provide the investigating committee with a better and clearer understanding of what really transpired. Thus, better decision making and recommendation to superiors.
Prior to the administrative meeting, prepare the following :
- Meeting venue.
- You have requested for enough tables, chairs and at least water (and glasses)
The room is enclosed, secured without distraction, well lit and ventilated. Ideally outside the room are chairs where the others can sit and wait.
- You have a recorder (most cellphones nowadays have audio recorders).
- You have assigned a person or person/s to take the minutes.
- You have all the documents, evidences ready. For audio or video evidences make sure
- you have requested audio and/or video equipment to play said audio and/or video
- Make sure you have test run these audio/video so you know it works and works properly.
- Prepare an agenda or at least who will be asked first. Usually this will be the order :
- The employee or person who wrote the incident report
- The witnesses
- The complainant, if any
- The superior of the employee being investigated
- The employee/s being investigated. (If there is more than one employee, meet them one at a time).
During the Administrative Meeting
- If applicable (because some companies don’t have a separate committee tasked to investigate), brief first the committee and advise them of their role during the administrative meeting. This is to ensure there will be no grandstanding.
- Start the meeting.
- Lay down the rules
- Advise the attendees that your are recording the meeting, thus, each one has to identify themselves (to associate the voice to a person) and concur to the audio recording.
- One question at a time (or one person talking at a time), and as chair of the committee, you shall be controlling “who has the floor” (or who can talk at a time).
- Read and explain the incident report
- the specific provisions that were violated
- impact of the incident to people and property; safety and security; company image and brand reputation.
- Present documentary and testimonial evidences
- Give ample time for the employee being investigated to answer the allegations against him/her.
- to bring a representative of their choice
- to present his/her own evidences
- Give opportunity for other attendees to ask question or clarify
- For any item which may have been forgotten, the person taking the minutes shall read the prior discussion
- Before dismissing the meeting, advise the attendees if there is a need for another meeting. If none, advise them how long will it take you to submit the resolution of the case.
- Lay down the rules
After the meeting, you have a week to complete the following:
- Evaluate the incident
- Prepare a case report for approval of management
- Issue a Notice of Decision Memo
I would like to ask po, for example you commission was supposed to be released 25th of the month at 12 pm however I recievd and email that telling me I will do an administrative hearing at 4pm same day. I would like to ask, may right po ba yung company na e hold yung commission?
Good morning Lisa that will depend on the policy or guidelines involving commissions. There are companies which hold the release of commissions specially if there is a pending case which may involve termination and/or damages/money claims. It is best that you clear this with your HR or the department which has control over such policy. Hope that helps.
Good day sir,
Ilang days po ba dapat i serve ang NOD after admin hearing? will NOD be valid pag na serve 1 month after admin hearing? Thankyou.
Good morning Linda. Walang limit nilagay ang batas sa validity ng [ag serve ng NOD as far as time is concerned. Ang mas importanteng tanong bakit inabot ng 30 days? usually after the admin hearing, those involved shall meet to discuss and decide and have it approved if the procedure indicates. Kaya for me 2 weeks is more than enough.
ideally, within 30 days dapat may resolution na sa case